You have your goals and aspirations. We have our expertise and experience. Together we embark on a journey in building you your next dream bike. This process is about communication and lots of it. The Funk process can be broken down into 10 steps.
1. Give us a call or drop us an email and we will discuss what it is you are looking for.
2. You will fill out our rider profile sheet so that we can better understand who you are, what you are riding today and what your goals are.
3. We will discuss any and all components you will want to run on your Funk. We sell our frames complete with a build of your choice, partially complete with components that you wish to have Funk source for you, or we can sell you just the frame. It is up to you. NOTE: One of the most important things to understand is the fork you wish to use on your Funk. This will play a critical role in getting you the best geometry.
4. We will validate what we know, what we have learned and generate a draft BikeCAD drawing of your frame.
5. We will review and discuss the BikeCAD drawing with you and ensure you are comfortable with the direction we are going. You will approve the drawing and that will allow us to secure the parts, tubing and components necessary to begin the build process.
6. We will keep you posted on the progress towards starting your frame. Sometimes our dates can slip a few days or even a week, but we generally hit our target start date once that has been communicated to you.
7. You will be notified once we start your frame. You will get photographs emailed to you during the build process. It usually takes 7-9 business days to complete the fabrication and welding process of your frame.
8. It will take 1-2 days to complete the finish work on your frame (depending on the finish and finish options you have elected).
9. If we are doing the component build for you, we require 1-2 days to complete the final build.
10. Once the bike is complete, we will share photographs of the final product with you and on our social media channels. Final payment will be due before we ship or deliver the final completed product.
We request that our customers provide a 50% deposit to begin the process. This will lock you into our build queue. Depending on the time of year, our build queue can range from 4-14 weeks. Meaning that is when we start the fabrication and build process of your frame.
We can build up your frame with your preferred components for a small fee (which varies depending on the bike). Many customers prefer to do their own builds and that is fine as well!
We prefer check or bank transfer for all forms of payment. We do accept all major credit cards, however we do get charged a 3.5% credit card processing fee. If you must pay with credit card, Funk is willing to split the 3.5% processing fee with you.
Colorado customers will be subject to a 7.5% sales tax.
Out of state customers will not be subject to any sales tax charges. However, you will be responsible for the shipping charges. We use bikeflights.com as our preferred carrier for shipping bikes domestically and insure the bike to its fullest value.